Sunday, November 1, 2009

Entrevista: Purple Pill Babies-Addictive Fashion for Humans

Good day ladies and gents! I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween:) This entrevista is a treat for all you fashion freaks out there! Purple Pill Babies is a clothing company born out of Brooklyn, NY. Their designs are fresh and funky, but that's not all there is to love about this company. The top dog in this operation is a fearlessly driven WOMAN!Her name is Tasiya (tuh-sigh-yuh), but you can call her the Purple Girl from Brooklyn:) She's an unsaturated designer, introductory activist (African National Science) and all around inspiration! Tasiya took some time out of her busy schedule to let WANLS and all of you out there in on the happenings in her head. Wanna hear it? Here it goes:

WANLS: What's the last song you listened to?

PPB: I have to choose one??? lol! There are always at least 10 songs playing in my head, just kidding(not really) but, um...Kid Cudi - My World. He makes me feel like feel like there is a place for weird loners in success and in the hood!

WANLS: What gets you started in the morning?

PPB: The thought of pushing my clothing line jumps me up every morning!! Or the smell of flesh cooking in my crib....I'm vegan in da hood, but mom dukes fries her bacon in the morning like I don't exist! Ha at me!WANLS: What's #1 on your priority list right now?

PPB: Funny I was just listening to Mos Def's song "Priority." Top priority is mental health and freedom!!! Nothing matters at all with out it!! Nothing!! I'm not money driven, I'm driven by great energy, knowledge and creative freedom (whether fashion or just living)!

WANLS: Finish this sentence: Everybody should own at least one _________.

PPB: Book about sovereignty, because everyone should know what is illusion and what is real then be able to choose how to live. (It's) kind of like the name of my clothing line, after you mix the red pill infinite knowledge and the blue pill ignorance as bliss, then you got that purple in your system...what are you going to do next??
WANLS: Finish this sentence: People would never guess that ____________.

PPB: (Damn, this is a good one as I'm a fucking open book w/ like zero secrets)....I guess people would never guess that I have anxiety about the state of black people every day or I get really detached from guys after sex(not turned off from sex tho, ha) It's an auto-defense mechanism....lol TMI??!!!!

WANLS: Finish this sentence: Ten years ago, I just knew I _________________.

PPB: Would be going left from whatever is considered right, I never really got the whole be a good student or child thing (being told what to do w/o question always felt soo wrong).

WANLS: Fill in the blank: But as long as I _______________, I know everything will be alright.

PPB: But as long as I don't let bullshit penetrate my mind, I know everything will be alright.
WANLS: Fill in the blanks: I love living in ______________ because _______________.

PPB: I love living in my mind because I usually like everyone in there, the music, the food.....Straight epic shit goes on in there. HaHa...I'm not crazy!? I do love living in Brooklyn most of the time too. lol

WANLS: Fill in the blank: One day, they're probably gonna name a _____________ after me.

PPB: One day, they're probably gonna name a playmate, a street or even song after me..

WANLS: Favorite item of clothing/accessory you own?

PPB: I hate wearing clothes (ha!) Um...a pair of jeans I had since high school, yup they still fit!! Size 0 for life!
WANLS: Favorite piece you've designed?

PPB: This red plaid vest cordoruoy with navy blue velvet lapels (shit was crazy odd but so right) or my tee that says black vertically, decorated w/ African symbols!

For more on Purple Pill Babies, check them out here: http://www.purplepillbabies.com or contact them here: purplepillbabies@yahoo.com.