Thursday, November 5, 2009

Entrevista: Ramon Wakefield of Peekaboo Theory



Ramon Wakefield, also known as Ramgoat is a founding member of the mega talented Houston, TX based band, Peekaboo Theory. Ramgoat writes and produces much of the band's music, but many don't know that his production credits go much further. Currently, he is putting the finishing touches on a solo instrumental album that will showcase his abilities, entitled Fundumbmentally Instrumental. He agreed to let me pick his brain for a bit. Here goes:

WANLS: What's the last song you listened to?

RAMON: Octopus Project "The Adjustor"

WANLS: What gets you started in the morning?

RAMON: A bowl of purp and breakfast.

WANLS: Fill in the blanks: If it hadn't been for __________, I would have _____________.

RAMON: If it hadn't been for Whytecloud (of Peekaboo Theory), I would have murdered 15 people 2day.


WANLS: What's #1 on your priority list right now?

RAMON: Getting my album finished and out in the streets.


WANLS: Fill in the blanks: Everybody should listen to _________ because ________.

RAMON: Everybody should listen to Slave Trade, because we're all victim to it 1 way or the other.

WANLS: Fill in the blank: People would never guess that ___________.

RAMON: People would never guess that I can play over 7 different intruments.

WANLS: Fill in the blank: Ten years ago, I just knew ______________.

RAMON: Ten years ago, I just knew I it would be a struggle to make my mark in this industry.

WANLS: Fill in the blank: But as long as i can listen to __________'s music, I know everything will be alright.

RAMON: But as long as I can listen to Radiohead's music, I know everything will be alright.

WANLS: Fill in the blanks: I love living in ________ because ___________.

RAMON: I love living in Montrose because it's the best town you've never heard of. H-TOWN!.

WANLS: Fill in the blank: One day they're probably gonna name a _______ after me.

RAMON: One day they're probably gonna name a disease after me.

WANLS: Favorite show so far?

RAMON: The '09 Afro-Punk Festival

WANLS: Fantasy tour lineup/show location?

RAMON: Peekaboo Theory/ Red Hot Chili Peppers in Amsterdam



For more on Ramgoat, check him out here: http://www.afropunk.com/profile/RAMGOAT

or with his band, Peekaboo Theory here: http://www.peekabootheory.com

And be on the look out for Fundumbmentally Instrumental...'s gonna be MAJOR!!!!!