Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Entrevista: Keelay!!!


There's a clear line in the sand separating those for whom music is merely a pasttime and those who live in the beat. Keelay is without a doubt the team captain of the latter. From bi-coastal beat making to Bay Area record scratching this dude does it all and them some! That certain, undefinable something is hard to name, but you know it when you see it....Keelay, I'm lookin atcha....

WANLS: Tell the beautiful people who you are and what you do:

K: My name is Keelay of Keelay and Zaire and MYX Music Label. I DJ, make beats, sing in the shower and love eggs and garlic rice. Our album is available now called Ridin High, check for it! I work with one of the illest bands in the land named The Park (Sierra says: an interview with The Park will be on WANLS soon...yeee!) so be on the look out for alot of new music we have coming out including an album with the one and only Ragen Fykes. Oh and I love Torta's too. www.thetortaoven.com!

WANLS: What's the last song you listened to?

K: Whitney Houston - How Will I Know


WANLS: What gets you started in the morning?

K: COFFEE..lol. Without my coffee I am useless. My day doesn't even START until my first sip.. Much love to Joe at Nervous Dog coffee

WANLS: Fill in the blanks: If it hadn't been for______, I would have never ________.

K: If it hadn't been for Sean who sat in the front row of Mrs. Brown's class at St. Olaf's, I would have never got that Eazy Does It tape So early. Thanks Sean!

WANLS: What's #1 on your priority list right now?

K: Payin these bills! Really though I have student loans..lol

WANLS: Fill in the blanks: Everybody should listen to ______, because _______.

K: Everybody should listen to Ryan Leslie - Never Gonna Break Up, because
it is a prime example of how current commercial music can still be DOPE. It's musical yet simple, catchy not corny and most of all it will make the ladies dance! That's what we really want...something that can be dope and still keep things movin...lol

WANLS: Fill in the blank: People would never guess that ________.

K: People would never guess that I'm from the mean streets of Kaysville, Utah.

WANLS: Fill in the blank: But as long as I can listen to ______'s music, I know everything will be alright.

K: But as long as I can listen to James Brown's music, I know everything will be alright.

WANLS: Fill in the blanks: I love living in ______ because ________.

K: I love living on Earth because damnit we are the best planet EVER! Shouts to Saturn though for having those fly rings.

WANLS: Fill in the blank: One day they're probably gonna name a ____ after me.

K: One day they're probably gonna name a torta after me.

WANLS: Favorite tour so far?

K: No favorite tours...just favorite NYC! Everytime I go there it's pretty much my favorite spot to be. I get more done there in three days then I do here in a month.. go figure, I guess there's industry out there or something.

WANLS: Fantasy tour lineup/show location?

K: yeeikes.. umm Keelay and The Park with Ragen Fykes alongside .. this question is too hard! lol. All I know is I want Ari Gold as tour manager and Courtney Love as "director of entertainment."

BONUS: Here's a little something your eyes and ears.....


Wanna more? Here ya go:
www.myxmusiclabel.com
www.KeeandZee.com
www.twitter.com/keelay5

PHOTO CRED: The Lovely and Talented Amanda Lopez (http://amandalopezphoto.com
http://amandalopezphoto.blogspot.com)

Thanks Keelay:)