Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What If...

Good morning! As you know, I am a big fan of social experiments and of spreading love and joy and fairy dust to everyone that I meet. "What If..." is my latest social experiment. It will be a recurring segment, so please leave comments and let me know what you think. Here's how it's going to work: I'll write a post beginning with the phrase "What if" and I'll end it with some sort of action. I will then perform that action and let you know how it goes. But hopefully this won't just be a spectator sport. I'd like for you all to join me in this. Everybody understand the rules? OK, great. So here we go:

What if you woke up an hour earlier than you need to every day for a week?

There's the "What If" and now here's the gameplan:

For the next week (that is, now through next Wednesday), I will be setting my alarm clock to wake me up one hour earlier than the time that I actually need to get up each day. I normally have to be up at 7:30am to get ready for work, so I'm going to get up at 6:30am. I have definitely been guilty of saying "there are never enough hours in the day" more times than I can count. Because of this, I'm curious as to how my life will be affected by this experiment. I have tons of projects and plans and things that I need to do, so my plan is to make that hour a productive one and to start my days off by getting alot done. But, we'll see. Please join me in this. I encourage you to keep a journal of what your days are like. What did you do with that extra hour? Did you pray, meditate or have quiet time? Did you read, work on a project or surf the net? Be honest. If you hit the snooze button and said "screw this," I want to know about that too. Did this affect anyone other than you (spouse, kids, roommate)? Will you continue waking up an hour earlier when the experiment is over?

I think I've armed you with enough info...so let's do it....

Love and light...