Monday, August 24, 2009

The Deepest Love...

God is SO SO SO SO SO SO good to me! I love him more than I can express. He keeps placing me in situations to receive blessings...over and over again. Even when I'm not doing all I should for Him. But that's how God loves us. It's never about how good we are...it's about how good he is. We can never be "good enough" to deserve any of what he gives to us, but he does it just because he loves us...me...you...all of us. He has captured my heart all over again today...

The words to an old Yolanda Adams song keep coming to mind today from a live recording she did of 'This Battle is the Lord's.'
"No matter what you're going through right now, remember thi swill be a memory....God is only using you. You've got to have faith. You've got to know in your heart that no matter what comes, no matter what goes He loves you and this battle is not yours. He needs a chance to prove to your enemies that he is God so what you've gotta do is hold on, don't give up, step out on faith. Step out on the Word of God...If you don't understand anything, know that you've been set up by God to be blessed. Understand that it's gotta work this way. Understand that God knows....God knows what you need before you really need it. He knows how to move you, he knows how to hide you in the comfort of His arms. You'll have peace that passes understanding, you'll have joy like a river everflowing..."

Sometimes I wonder why I am where I am and why I go through certain things. I'm sure you guys do the same...but remember that it's all for a purpose...it's all for your good...it's all for His glory.

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."
James 1-2

Love and light....