Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Small Steps to Big Dreams

I've been tracking my calories lately in my own little food journal. It's actually kind of hard to be that honest and to see it in black and white. It's helping me alot though. I think twice about my choices because I know I'll have to face it later when I write it down, complete with the guilt and regrets. So now, I find that I'm just avoiding the foods that would be no-no's. It feels really good. I know it may seem to be a very small step, but I decided to celebrate every accomplishment on the way to my goal. A friend suggested that I join one of the web-based fitness programs through self.com. I checked it out and I decided to sign up for the 8 lb. weight loss program. I'm determined to get healthy and complete....that is what I want for myself.

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things." -Denis Diderot.

I have purposed in my heart to become the best Sierra that I can be. We all have dreams and goals that we let die down for whatever reason. But I know for a fact that the only time when you fail is when you give up. So if you want it (whatever your 'it' may be) go after it with all you have. YOU ARE WORTH IT. I don't want to live my life only to get to the end and still wonder what would have happened if I would have just pushed myself a little harder or if I hadn't let fear hold me back. Dream without reservation. Dream gigantic dreams....and then pursue them as if your life depends on it. Work as if it depends on you, but pray, knowing it depends on God.

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. -Philippians 4:13