Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sometimes I Like Other People's Websites Too.

Broke-Ass Stuart and I met {briefly} at a party at D-Structure in San Francisco once. I guarantee he doesn't remember it, as there was free all-you-can-drink-til-it-runs-out beer at this party. But I remember. I was serving the abovementioned cerveza gratis and when Stuart came to the counter, I gave him beer and he gave me a sticker that read "You Are Young Broke and Beautiful." I thought it was pretty awesome {and accurate}. To make the long story short, I visited the website printed on the bottom of the sticker, brokeassstuart.com, and by the time I got to the bottom of the homepage, Broke-Ass Stuart was my new hero. Since then, I've visited the site tons of times, and, I don't usually do website reviews, but I felt this one was well-deserved. So this is officially the first in my new "Sometimes I Like Other People's Websites Too" series.



Broke-Ass Stuart is a recession-busting connoisseur of the [affordable} good life. His site consists of articles, reviews and listings related to getting the most out of life on a budget. Its like a CitySearch/Yelp/Magazine with all of the irrelevant/boring/expensive sections filtered out. Its catered to the young adult crowd - still in or not too long out of college...too old to rely on our parents for financial support, yet still working out the kinks in our "savings" plans. Stuart has also written 2 books: "Broke-Ass Stuart's Guide to Living Cheaply in New York City" and "Broke Ass Stuart's Guide to Living Cheaply in San Francisco" (Sierra Says: Wish I would have known about that one a long time ago!). You can also get "Young, Broke and Beautiful" t-shirts (I WILL GET ONE OF THESE BEFORE I LEAVE SF!) and stickers on the official Broke-Ass Stuart website. Yes, we ARE young, broke and beautiful and we just want to have a good time.....man, it's like Stuart knows us. :)


Check out the site...you'll be glad you did: Broke-Ass Stuart . For all you interweb enthusiasts, you can also follow Broke-Ass Stuart on Twitter or find him on Facebook.