Thursday, January 22, 2009

It Would Only Be Right...

So after my rant about reading, I figured the least I could do is recommend some books for you guys. Here's a few for now:
1. Will You Die With Me? By Flores Forbes (awesome book, well written. Forbes was one of the youngest cats to ever hold a leadership position in the original Black Panther Party for Self Defense in The Town - that's Oakland back in the day)
2. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (if you don't know about this by now, you need to call in to work and spend the day reading. It absolutely changed my life and the way I think forever.)
3. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (super classic for all visionaries and deep thinkers, or those seeking to be such)
4. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (a true and very moving story)
5. If I Am Missing or Dead by Janine Latus (ladies...a must-read. Another true story. Chilling, but necessary)
6. The Mis-Education of the Negro by Carter G. Woodson (I recommend this one to everyone...never let anyone make you think you're less than you really are. Know your worth!)
For more info on me and what I'm reading/have read, check me out at www.myspace.com/fetchmedia.