Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Day!

I believe in new beginnings. I believe that every day that we wake up we have been given a gift. Each new day is a chance to start over. No matter what happened the day before, a new day is an opportunity to try again and get it right. We're still in New Year's Resolution season, but I don't really subscribe to all that. I believe in New Day Resolutions. The way I see it, there are 2 ways to go about this: 1. You can stew in your defeats and beat yourself up like Ike, or 2. You can embrace your new day gift and go full force into a fresh start.

It doesn't matter how many times you've tried and failed at something, all that matters is whether or not you get back up and dust yourself off and purpose in your heart that you will not allow your dreams and goals to fade away. I woke up this morning and had that (ok, I'll go with corny) phrase in my head: TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE. But as corn flaked out as the phrase may be, the message is absolute truth. My yesterdays haven't been perfect....failed attempts, missed marks and disappointing setbacks have filled them like graffiti on a subway train. But the good thing about yesterdays is that they are over. No matter how near in the past, they are still the past. I woke up today....that's a blessing, not a right. So since God found me worthy of seeing this day, how can I not make the most of it?

Maybe your yesterday wasn't so great...what will you do to make sure that today is better? If you make the decision that today will be full of love, joy and peace and that the wisdom, beauty and creativity that God has placed inside of you is a stronger force than any negativity that seeks to bring you down, then you cannot lose. Take charge of your day...thank God for it and then go and make today better than yesterday. Dream big, work hard and believe that anything is possible. I'll end this with a quote from one of the books that has undoubtedly changed my life, The Secret (my recommendation for anyone, anywhere that's looking to radically improve their lives is to read The Secret!!! Seriously, the book is amazing.): "Life can be absolutely phenomenal, and it should be, and it will be, when you start using The Secret."

May today be the beginning of something powerful for each of you...